Saturday, April 16, 2016

Dennisism #11: Lie

You're probably not aware of it, but an opinion that is not true is a lie. This according to Dennis Marks (AKA dmarks). Although what he really meant to say (IMO) is that "an opinion that I disagree with is a lie". Given the fact that opinions often can't be proven to be right or wrong (at least not unequivocally).

If the world were that Black and White nobody would hold differing opinions, as the truth would be self-evident, and anyone who attempted to put forward a wrong "opinion" would immediately be called on it.

In any case, what we have here is another of Mr. Marks' word re-definitions. The REAL definition of lie is "a false statement made with deliberate intent to deceive; an intentional untruth; a falsehood". A definition that directly contradicts the definition made up by Marks.

Given the fact that an opinion that is wrong lacks the "deliberate intent to deceive". Although Marks' re-definition does allow him to call anyone who holds an opinion that is contrary to his own a "liar". Which is clearly the entire point of this Dennisism.

BTW, sometimes opinions can be proven wrong, although that doesn't stop some people from holding them; believing what they want despite the facts. Often due to cognitive dissonance (which is something Dennis suffers from, big time).

I would say that this sometimes borders on lying (if someone is intentionally ignorant of the truth), but that isn't what I'm talking about in regards to Dennis Marks. Or, what I mean is that isn't what I'm talking about in regards to him saying others are "lying" (with their incorrect opinions).

Mr. Marks tells very many of these "lies" IMO. It is demonstrable that he has a GREAT number of opinions that are wrong, and (for him to hold them) borders on lying (as it requires an intentional ignorance of a significant magnitude).

Anyway, that an opinion that is wrong is a lie... I might use that.

TADM #85

1 comment:

  1. Sorry retard. A fact that is not true, is a lie. An opinion is an opinion, not a fact. Now I see the basis of your retardation.
    It's a fact that you are a butt fucking fag boy. It's an opinion that you butt fuck RN.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are not currently being accepted.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.