Some people believe that the blogger who uses the ID dmarks calls himself that because his real name is "Dennis Marks". I am one such person.
My theory (which is conjecture) is that the "d" in dmarks stands for Dennis... And there is reason to believe that this conjecture may be accurate.
| Dennis Marks: Wait till he finds the name I use on another blog. It will make his day. (8/17/2013 AT 5:55pm). |
But there is another theory about what "dmarks" means. This one presented by a commenter on my primary blog. A theory that, if not correct, is still excellent conjecture.
| SWTD blog Commenter: Maybe d marks stands for the grades he got in school, given his grasp of the facts. (6/23/2013 AT 10:39am). |
Obviously most of us will never know for sure. None-the-less I'm going to keep calling him Dennis and believing that his last name is Marks.
10/19/2016 Update: comment (by me) timestamped Oct 17, 2016 AT 01:42:00 PM EDT from the RNUSA blog that references this post.
Just for the record, the term was "everlasting blogstalker", and was used (that I could find) once on the blog of Willis Hart, and once on the blog of Latte Guy. [Note: actually twice... that I'm aware of. One "blog stalker" and one "homoerotic spamming stalker"].
I wasn't looking for an apology regarding that one, as I knew it wasn't true. Although dmarks could have interpreted it that way, the truth is that (if I was "stalking" anyone) it was Willis Hart. Latte Guy commented on Willis' blog, and said something (as I recall, I'm not going to waste time looking for the comment) that amounted to a pre-apology to Latte... if I started commenting on Latte's blog. So, of course I HAD to. As it turned out, Willis didn't comment as much as dmarks did. Nor did he engage me as much as dmarks did.
Anyway, Latte moved his blog to WordPress, where apparently you can ban people by IP. I commented twice as "Barlowe" and dmarks alerted CI to the fact that it was me. After that I couldn't comment again. I submitted comments, but they were immediately "flushed" (to use another dmarksism). Or, that was my impression. I didn't get a message about the comment needing approval, etc. I clicked submit and... nothing. I looked at WordPress once, but decided against creating a WordPress Blog (there was a specific reason which I now forget).
I bring this up because, in a post on TOM's blog, he published "hate mail" he received and it included IP addresses. "Hate mail" I'm now convinced that he deserved (if he actually received it), as he PO'd a lot of people with his trolling. He was convinced that Sue and Leslie Parsley (and their "minions") were behind all of it. Although he could have (I believe) blocked it (by blocking their IPs).
BTW, as for "stalking" dmarks, apparently he believed that I was following his every move, as he once wrote (on Willis' blog) "wait till he finds the name I use on another blog. It will make his day"... I was curious about what name he used and on what blog, but I never figured out what he was talking about.
[Note: I added the links to my comment when I added it to this post. Originally, as published on RNUSA, my comment included no links... because when I link, dmarks deletes. For the "amusement factor", he has said. So I didn't include them].
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are not currently being accepted.
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.